Saturday, August 31, 2013

cas-ual fridays 113 - thanks so very much

This is my first time participating in a CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  In this week's challenge, we had to use kraft and text, so I kept it super simple and made this.


I used a minimal amount of glue to adhere the leaves to the card base because I wanted some parts of the leaves to curl up from the paper, thereby mimicking real fallen leaves...as seen here:)


It's difficult to see, but there is glitter brushed on to the sentiment.



This card was made for my friend, Marjorie, who over the years has been encouraging me to turn my baking hobby into a baking business.  She has been so supportive that along making her this card I baked her this cake -- a lemon olive oil cake.


Marjorie actually texted me a picture of an olive oil cake one day, and it looked so delicious that I found a recipe, pinned it, and then tried it out.    Luckily, this cake for Marj turned out well - very light and spongy with a little kick of lemon.  I served it with peaches poached in red wine, and whipped/sweetened mascarpone.


Thank you, Marjorie, for having confidence in me and for encouraging me to share what I do with others.  Much love.


Card Supplies:
Stamps: Limited edition stamp set provided by Damask Love Live 
Inks: Hero Arts (butter bar, cup o' joe)
Die: Memory Box Berkshire Leaf Outine
Other: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear) 

3 comments :

  1. Lorraine, so glad you have played along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays! I love your overlapping sentiment and your cake looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design on your CAS card!! The falling leaves are perfect ways to direct your eye. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be one of the best "thank you" I ever received (all thank yous are great but you know what I mean lol) Your cards are always so simple yet you pay attention to the finest of details. Needless to say I loved my card and the cake...SCORE!

    ReplyDelete