Thursday, August 29, 2013

runway inspired challenge #42

It's my first time participating in the Runway Inspired Challenge, and I already have a feeling that this will quickly become one of my favorite challenges.  Not that I know much about  fashion or anything, but I really enjoy the different color schemes and patterns that serve as our inspiration.

For the current challenge, I made this card...



using this wonderful dress from the Peter Pilotto Resort collection as my inspiration.



I wish I could wear something like this!!!  I tried to match the colors from the dress.  For the design, I actually tried to mimic the tiles from a kitchen back-splash that caught my eye the other day.


It's a bit hard to see, but I used glossy accents to make the little punched out squares actually look like tiles.  I also brushed on some glitter to some of the tiles.  (It looks better in real life, I swear!)


This card is dedicated to a friend that I've known for 20 years.  He's one of the smartest, most ambitious, and accomplished people I know.  We met up for dinner last night and talked for hours about family, work, and living life with no regrets.  Thank you, Ray, for the catch up time.

Supplies:
Stamp: WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals
Inks: Memento (tuxedo black); Tim Holtz (broken china, faded jeans, spiced marmalade, wild honey)
Other: Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear); glossy accents

3 comments :

  1. This is a beautiful take on the Runway Challenge! You did a great job, love the glossy accents & glitter. I have fallen in love with Runway Challenges as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, super modern- I love those squares. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful! Your squares do look like tiles and the GA are perfectly visible. Love it!

    ReplyDelete