Saturday, August 17, 2013

10 minute crash dash - birthday theme part 2

My hair smells like sugar.

I just baked 6 dozen cupcakes and a birthday cake for a 2 year old's birthday party.  Her name is Rio...and she dances on the sand:)

The theme of the party: Sesame Street.  One of the many cupcakes with a Sesame Street sign cupcake topper...



More cupcake toppers...



Some chocolate cupcakes.  I also made vanilla and red velvet...all from scratch.



To accompany the sweets, I made Rio a birthday card by playing along in the 10 Minute Craft Dash (Birthday Theme) challenge hosted by Pretty Pink Posh.  Since I didn't have stamps of Sesame Street characters, I just stayed consistent with the primary colors that I used in the cupcake toppers.



It may not be Elmo or Cookie Monster, but who doesn't love a dog with balloons?



I finished the card in 8 minutes and 12 seconds.  It's definitely not my best piece of work...I think I need to just learn my lesson and not use watercolors for 10 minute challenges, and I need to learn to control myself on washi tape use. Still learning and I'm having fun doing so:)

Happy birthday, dear Rio!  Hope you enjoy the sweets.  And, happy birthday to the 10 Minute Craft Dash!



Supplies:
Stamps: Tiddly Inks Flying High; Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs
Inks: Memento (tuxedo black); Crayola water colors
Other: washi tape


8 comments :

  1. Oh, I love the cupcake toppers and your sweet card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leigh. It's such a fun challenge...looking forward to the next one:)

      Delete
  2. Very cute card, Lorraine. You did an awesome job watercoloring the dog and balloons. Yummy looking cupcakes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sis. I think I need to learn how to use Copic markers...I'm thinking it would be faster and less messy?

      Oh and did you notice on the cupcake toppers that I used the dies that you sent me a while back?

      Delete
  3. So cute & cheerful! And yummy looking cupcakes! Thanks so much for playing at the 10 MInute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute and cheerful - that's how I describe the birthday girl, so I'm happy the card matches her personality. Thank you! Can't wait for the next dash.

      Delete