Friday, August 30, 2013

monday mood board #19 - thank you

I just sent my sister a text message accompanying the following picture that simply read, "You need this stamp set."  Yes, need.



I love and use WPlus9's Fresh Cut Florals so much for the versatility and endless combos.  This card was made for WPlus9's Monday Mood Board Challenge.  The mood board can be seen here.


I was drawn to the colors and the burlap ribbon, which inspired me to pull out this cute little paper pad that I purchased when I was home in California.  It had some burlap patterned paper that I especially liked.


My friend, Jane, was on my mind when I made this card.  Before she went on vacation to Cali, she offered up her weekly veggie and fruit shares through her local CSA (community supported agriculture).  Free fruit and veggies?!  Um, yes please!  This is what I picked up last week.


It was clearly too much produce for me to get through alone, so I divided it up and shared it with 4 other friends.  Community, indeed.  Thank you, Jane, for your generosity.  From all of this, I made sangria (with the plums), salsa, vegetarian lumpia, and more salsa:)

Card Supplies:
Stamps: WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals
Dies: WPlus9 Milk & Cookies
Inks: Hero Arts (bubble gum, cup o' joe, green hills); Stampin' Up (melon mambo, regal rose, rose red)
Other: patterned paper

1 comment :