Wednesday, August 7, 2013

mama elephant photo inspiration - spread happiness

The papercrafting goddesses have answered my prayers!  Mama Elephant  is hosting a photo inspiration challenge! I love and use their stamp sets so much and I'm glad that I get to participate in their challenge.

Here's the photo that I based my card on.
I liked the classy feel to the photo as well as the bold stripes and the subtle splashes of color, so I came up with this.


I don't own any border stamps (yet) so I made the black/white sun rays from the father's day ties in ME's Papa Love stamp set.


My sister suggested I emboss the buildings in silver, and lucky me, I had just purchased silver embossing powder in our local stamp store's discount bins.  What luck...just a buck!


This card is for my friend, Justin, one of my closest friends from high school.  We recently reconnected during our 20 year high school reunion last weekend.  I spent the whole day with him and his beautiful family yesterday, where I milked a cow and rode a horse!!!  Hey, that's a big deal for this city gal.  I think he'll get a kick out of it.  Here's me, trying to look like I'm not terrified (which I was) with Justin's horse named Lucy.


Ha!

Supplies:
Stamps: Mama Elephant Up and AwayPapa LoveCentral Park
Inks: Memento (tuxedo black)
Other: patterned paper, embossing powder, stickles, enamel accents

9 comments :

  1. This is SOOOOOOOO creative!!! WoW!!! You rocked and represented NYC!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo sister, love the silver embossing... ahem... good idea... Oh, I wonder who suggested such an awesome idea. Heeheehee.... Justin will love this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis, I gave you a shout-out in the blog itself, you dork!!! Yes, it was an awesome idea hahaha!

      Delete
  3. awesome card!!! love that you used the tie for sun rays!!!! so smart!!!! and the silver embossing really is amazing!! i saw the card in the challenge gallery and had to tell you how much i loved it!! it's so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks! I'm a fan of your work, so a comment from you means so much to me:) I'm very new to cardmaking and blogging, so any feedback (constructive is very welcome) is appreciated.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete