Wednesday, August 28, 2013

10 minute craft dash #24 - part 2

This is my second and final submission to this week's 10 Minute Dash Challenge hosted by Pretty Pink Posh.  I used the rose, light orange, and cornflower blue color palette to create this card, which was completed in 9 minutes and 38 seconds.


I actually do think that french macarons are too sweet, and I think the sentiment works well with the little sugary cookies.


This card is dedicated to my best friend, Hervay, who has helped me so much with my baking gigs.  I am pretty confident with making simple cupcakes and cookies, but very often I get requests for items that require a lot of patience to make/bake...which I don't have.


Hervay helped me to make 300 cakepops for a wedding, a beautifully frosted three-layer cake (I can never get the layers even!), and most recently a bunch of doggies with mustaches and tiaras, made out of fondant.  Neither of us knew how to make or work with fondant, so we learned together.  And, thank goodness Hervay was around to help.  I know I couldn't have pulled this off without him.

Here they are!!!


Not bad for our first try.


All packed up and ready for the party...


Thank you, Hervay, for being a rockstar.  We make a great pair.  And, if the card isn't enough of a hint, it's time that we learn how to make macarons...

Thank you to Pretty Pink Posh for another fun challenge!


Supplies:
Stamps: Avery Elle Bonjour; stamp set from Damask Love Live
Inks: Memento (tuxedo black); Stampin' Up (baja breeze, pumpkin pie, regal rose)

6 comments :

  1. Very cute card and those doggie cupcakes are adorable! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and awesome masking, Lorraine. Funny how the male dogs look sad and the female dogs are happy. You know, Kainoa and I just signed up for a macaroon class downtown. It's November 5th, come home and join us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the mustaches that make the male dogs look sad. You can see their mouths; the mustache covers the smile:(

      Delete
  3. Great card-- it's so sweet!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!
    And those cupcakes look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww you kill me with those puppies lol I'm a doglover sooo you understand me. By the way your card is awesome and yayyy that you enter 2 cards in the 10 Minute Craft Dash challenge, thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Lorraine, your card is super cool - I'm hungry :-). Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete