Thursday, August 8, 2013

mama elephant photo inspiration - xoxo

I have always been a late bloomer and a late adapter.  I think I was still using a pager years after my friends had moved on to cell phones.  In the papercrafting world, I'll see a trend and it won't sink into my head until much later...like washi tape.  Have to admit, I didn't get it at first.  It's just pretty tape.  Then I bought a few rolls, and didn't even want to part with it.  It's just too pretty.

For my second entry into Mama Elephant's Photo Inspiration Challenge, I parted with some pretty washi tape and used the photo here...


to make this simple card.

             

Did a bit of masking for the xoxo sentiment...


And sliced a slit in the typewriter to tuck the paper in.  And there you have it.


So, now that I totally get why washi tape is special, I will only use it for very special cards.  This card is for my friend, Marlo, one of my dearest friends from high school.  We recently reconnected at our 20 year high school reunion, and I'm having lunch with her today to catch up even more.  Facebook is great to stay in contact with folks, but nothing beats one-on-one time and a real hug.

Supplies:
Stamps: Mama Elephant Midnight LettersType It
Inks: Stampin' Up (rose red, so saffron); Memento (tuxedo black)
Other: washi tape, patterned paper

4 comments :

  1. Beautiful, Lorraine!!! Love love love it!! Thanks for playing in the ME challenge! By the way, can you drop me an email? sugarbuffet AT gmail.com, I'd love to inquire about something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love how you used the wash tape! That typewriter image is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Leigh! I love the typewriter image, too...reminds me of my old manual typewriter.

      Delete