Tuesday, September 23, 2014

runway inspired challenge #68 - time to soar

I'm still trying to hone my watercoloring skills.  Not sure how people make it look so easy!  Here's a card I made using Avery Elle's Look Up stamp set.  I just love the handwriting and doodly-ness of this set.


I'm submitting my card to the Runway Inspired Challenge, where we used this pretty shoe as inspiration. (Yes, I totally goofed on the color match....I thought it was purple, pink and light brown.   Well, at least I got the light brown???)




I first heat embossed the sentiment in white.  Then I used a combo of distress inks, colored pencils and watercolors for the background.


I cut square sequins so that they looked more like diamonds.


For a closeup of the matchy-matchy sequins...


Thanks for taking a look!  Would LOVE some feedback...and some pointers on how to improve my watercoloring:)

Supplies:
Stamps: Avery Elle Look Up
Inks: Derwent Inktense pencils, Koi watercolors, Tim Holtz distress ink (picked raspberry)
Other: sequins

5 comments :

  1. This is stunning Lorraine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think this is gorgeous! I love your watercolouring and am off to check out that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine, I love this!! And you're right - this water color thing is harder than it looks, right?!! LOL But I seriously think what you've done here makes water coloring look effortless. I so love the dreamy effect that those beautifully blended colors give this project! Thanks so much for playing with us over at the Runway Inspired Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on fabulous fashionista...Lorraine...lovely watercolor card and I am soo bad at using watercolors on my card..this is wonderfull card Lorraine..let´s we do happy dance together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how gorgeous! Love that AE and sentiment is fantastic. Well deserved win, Lorraine!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete