Monday, September 15, 2014

fusion card challenge - shiny pink

It's my first time playing along with the Fusion Card Challenge.  I saw Kimberly's card and was blown away, so decided to put something together myself.  Here's my card.


Here's the photo inspiration and sketch.  Being a newbie, I just used the photo as inspiration.  Next time, I'll go for the fusion of the two.  Baby steps:)

I'm working on Hawaiian-theme cards for a co-worker to give to her friends that hosted her recent stay in Hawaii.  So, I stamped these lovely flowers and watercolored them in the hottest pink I had.  I even resisted the urge to color in the leaves green so that I could keep this card as pink as possible.  And, I ended up liking the uncolored leaves:)


As a nod to the photo inspirations shiny pink car, I added a touch of gold shimmery splatters.


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Mama Elephant (Many Thanks); Mama Elephant + Simon Says Stamp (Summer Garden)
Inks: Derwent Inktense pencils; Tim Holtz Distress (picked raspberry); Versamark (onyx black)
Other: Wink of Stella brush pen (black, gold) 

6 comments :

  1. This is gorgeous...Kimberly rocks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.... look what got delivered to my e-mail!!!..... Yippeee skippeee....WOW, this is so over the top beautiful!!! and I love all of your ME designs. I think you are the reason of more than a few purchases, LOL!!!! So soft and AMAZING.... I might have to CASe this card.... too lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION, we love that you are inspired and really enjoy to see you join us again!!! Thanks Lorraine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! Wow! Thanks for joining us at Fusion! I hope you join us again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super gorgeous colouring Lorraine!! Love that Kimberley inspired you to play!
    So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete