Wednesday, September 17, 2014

casology week 113: grass

Today I completed the last of three thank you cards my co-worker asked me to make for her.  I'm submitting this card to CASology, where our cue card is grass.


I first stamped the tree, tufts of grass, little flowers, and snail.  Then I used a combo of colored pencils and distress ink to color everything for a water color look.  Though its hard to tell, I used a gold pen for some of the flower centers.  Once everything was dry, I stamped the sentiment.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please leave some constructive feedback in the comment section.  I'm always striving to improve my cardmaking skills.


Supplies:
Stamps: Avery Elle (Red & Goldie); Mama Elephant (Tree Friends)
Inks: Derwent Inktense pencils; Tim Holtz Distress (festive berries; picked raspberry)
Other: gold pen

6 comments :

  1. Just beautiful!!!! I adore this set, on my wish list!! Lovely, lovely, pretty colors!! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card. The only thing I would change is maybe add a light halo around the tree, just a hint of blue for the sky.
    Hugs
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. You do an awesome job adding depth to the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine, your coloring is absolutely amazing! The grass almost looked like a patterned paper I have in my stash...love the varying shades of green. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Lorraine! Love the colours and soft feel. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete