Monday, October 14, 2013

yay for a day with family and new friends!

Thank goodness I'm off today as I'm recovering from a busy and fulfilling weekend.  My sister is in town from Cali and we've been working like madwomen since the moment she touched ground.  First, I'm so thankful that she's here.  I've been wanting her to visit me in NYC for a while now (and ahem...she's visited our brother in Hawaii 4 times since the last time she came out to NYC...just sayin').  Secondly, sister time is the best.  So, with that I say yay!


My sister and I had the pleasure of baking for and attending Mama Elephant's 1-year anniversary party in New Jersey.  We both seriously love their products and when we met Kryssi and Angela, the two amazing women behind the magic, we knew exactly why.  They are the sweetest.  And so humble and down to earth.  We had a chance to craft with fellow fans, try out their new products, get to know some of the east coast stamping family, and just have a good time.  And for that, I say another yay!


Here are some photos of the party taken by my partner in crime, Hervay.  He came along for the fun and now really understands how crafting can bring people together.


Checking out the display of Mama Elephant's complete collection.


Some of the desserts made by yours truly;)


I used a Mama Elephant border stamp for my little signs.  Ha!


You know, I've seen lots of companies and organizations in their beginning years.  I've seen them struggle to figure out who they are and what they're about and take years to reach a level of maturity and self-awareness...One of the many things I admire about Mama Elephant is that Kryssi and Angela figured it out from the start.  They are thoughtful, meticulous, and full of integrity.  Plus, their talent is incomparable.  They've reached a level of professionalism that I strive for.

I tend to operate with some very simple mottoes in life, one being support good people.  I know that I don't have a lot of money to just throw around, so each dollar I spend I consider to be a decision or a vote.  So, when I come across a company like Mama Elephant that is high in quality and run by wonderful people, well hey, they get my vote.

Kryssi, me, Angela, my sister, Lynn
I'm just going to throw in a third yay here.  I won one of the raffle prizes.  Can I have had a more awesome day?  I don't think so.

So happy my sister is here with me.  So happy that we made new friends.  Congrats Kryssi and Angela!  Happy 1-year anniversary and to many many more to come.  Cheers!

This card will be entered into the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge and the Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge.

Supplies:
Stamps: Mama Elephant Central Park, Party Kit
Inks: Mama Elephant Creative Color (ocean); Memento Luxe (grey flannel, pear tart, rhubarb stalk)
Dies: Mama Elephant Party Kit

8 comments :

  1. Oh, that looks like the best day! And congratulations on winning the raffle draw!
    Your card is fabulous! I love the balloons paired with the skyline-- it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful day and this card is just the perfect way to celebrate it. Thanks for playing along with us in the use a RUBBER OR CLEAR STAMP challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the balloon strings and what awesome cupcakes!! Love the photos. Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, and what way to spend the day!!! How lucky are you??? Love ME stamps. Looks like a perfect day. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the sketch and a beautiful tribute to ME and Kryssi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. Love the skyline and the flying away balloons. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete