Friday, October 11, 2013

we're sorry

It's not everyday that I'm asked to make a "We're sorry" card.  That's right, not an "I'm sorry", but we're sorry.  Makes me wonder if "Group Apology" should be a section in the card aisle at Target or CVS.  Anyhoo, I didn't ask any questions (though I was really curious), and I came up with this.


Since I wasn't really sure about the nature of the apology, I made another card.  My friend who made the request for the card noted that it could be lighthearted.  She even suggested that I use remorseful looking elephants.  But, all the elephants I had in my stamp collection were so darn happy.  I then remembered the fabulous card made by Donna Mikasa of 3 Umbrellas (seen here), and turned the single bird into two apologetic birds.  If you look close enough, you can see that I put glossy accents on the lower half of their eyes.  They look like they're on the verge of tears!  I would accept their apology.


This card (first one) will be submitted to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where we were asked to use a rubber or clear stamp.

I'm going to spend some time shopping around this Group Apology idea.  Maybe it's more common that I thought.  Hoping that all is well and all is resolved!


Supplies:

Birds and Typewriter
Stamps: Mama Elephant Type It; Papertrey Ink Merry Little Christmas
Inks: Memento Luxe (grey flannel); Memento (tuxedo black); Copic markers

Birds and Boo Boo
Stamps: Paper Smooches Spring Fling
Inks: Copic markers; Mister Huey's color mist (calico white)
Other: glossy accents

3 comments :

  1. Both cards are fabulous, though I am partial to the more light hearted one...I just love the little bird peeking (almost sheepishly) from the side. Perfect (in my opinion) for an apology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, so cute :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete