Monday, October 7, 2013

peekaboo

It's been a pretty busy week...a nasty bug was going around at the chocolate store where I work part-time.  Some folks called out sick and those who were able to make it in were barely functioning.  All this means I was very exhausted from working extra hours and pretty much crashed as soon as I got home each day...so unfortunately I missed out on quality card making time.  Even missed out out World Card Making Day:(

Hoping that I'll have more time to craft and blog, as it does bring me much joy.  Found some time today to take part in the 10 Minute Craft Dash hosted by Pretty Pink Posh.  Here's a fun little Halloween card I made.



I love mixing up my stamp sets; for this I used two of my current faves - Lawn Fawn's So Thankful and Mama Elephant's Bootastic.


I finished the card in 8 minutes and 48 seconds.  I could have taken the extra time to clean up my coloring, but I have had some bad luck in the final seconds of the craft dash and just wanted to play it safe...


Yup, I had another mishap in my first attempt in the Craft Dash, as I've had before.  Was just finishing up my first card, turned it over in the final seconds and saw that it had a couple noticeable black ink splotches.  See them above the witch's hat?


Figured I could cover it up with black bats since they would totally work with the scene, but then I heard my timer go off and went over time.  Boo.  Not bootastic:/


Oh well, I cut down on the time considerably in the second attempt and am quite pleased with the outcome.  Yay!

Thanks for stopping by:)

Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn So Thankful; Mama Elephant Bootastic
Inks: Memento (tuxedo black); Hero Arts (field greens); Copic markers 

5 comments :

  1. Very sweet! You've really made a great card for the TMCD! Love the little witchie. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hate it when that happens and I get little smears of ink on my card! Great idea to cover it up with the bats!
    Both cards are super sweet, Lorraine! Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely. The girl with the green face looks so sweet :-). Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute and sweet! I also love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, now how fun is this? Love your green faced girl!

    ReplyDelete