Monday, October 27, 2014

ric #70: sparkle and shine

Just like a lot of other crafters out there, I was blown away by Julie Ebersole's new stamps that were released at the beginning of the month.  The new Essentials by Ellen stamps and dies have the quirkiness and humor that I really enjoy working with.  Here's the first of what I'm sure will be many projects using the EBE products.


The deer is from Essential by Ellen's Prize Stag.  I die cut it three times -- twice on scrap pieces of card stock and once on some glittery black card stock.  Stacked and glued them to each other for a sparkly embellishment.


This card easily came together with a small piece of patterned paper I made using Basic Grey's Tiny Triangles, a scrap piece of black card stock, a pinch of sequins, enamel accents, and a sentiment using Mama Elephant's Winter Wonderland stamp set.  I'm thinking it'll be a great card to mass produce for the holidays...plus it'll help me to cut down on my paper scraps (and make room for more in 2015!!!).

A close-up of the sparkly deer.  Oh, how I love him so:)


I'm entering this card into the Runway Inspired Challenge, where we used this pic as inspiration.


Pics like this make me miss having TV...Project Runway was one of my fave shows, especially the last part before the runway when the designers would bring their models down to the hair and makeup artists, who would often completely transform the look.  Pretty amazing, if you ask me.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Mama Elephant Winter Wonderland, Basic Grey Tiny Triangles
Dies: Essentials by Ellen Prize Stag
Other: sequins, enamel accents (black)

1 comment :

  1. Lovely paper layers Lorraine! And that Stag die-cut works so beautifully against them! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge ;-)

    ReplyDelete