Thursday, August 11, 2016

essentials by ellen: take 3

Hey there!  I’m submitting my third and final card for the Ellen Hutson’s call for artists.  Here it is:


For this card, I used a sentiment from Mama Elephant’s GoodTimes stamp set.  I paired up the little critter from Mama Elephant’s Rowdy Raccoons with the sun from Essential byEllen’s All Inside.  I loved the way the raccoon and sun have the same smug expression, kind of like they’re besties sharing an inside joke or something.

First, I stamped the images on cardstock and colored them in with Copic markers.


Next, I die-cut the images using the corresponding dies: Mama Elephant’s Rowdy Raccoons creative cuts and Essential by Ellen’s AllInside dies.


For the watercolor background, I used a combination of Derwent Inktense pencils and Tim Holtz distress inks.  I also painted in some hearts using the Inktense pencils.  Lastly, after the background was dry, I stamped the sentiment and adhered the images on the card with foam adhesive.


Thank you so much for taking a look!

2 comments :