Monday, March 30, 2015

cas(e) this sketch #116

My best friend's daughter just arrived in China for an exchange program.  Before she left I made a trio of thank you card for her to take on her trip.  One thing I learned from my recent trip to the Philippines is that you should always have thank you cards on hand.  Being away from home and my comfort zone meant that I had to depend on people more than I'm used to.  I was very thankful for the family and friends who made my trip wonderful.

Here's the first card I made.  My favorite of the three...


I used the Simon Says Stamp Summer Garden set, designed by Mama Elephant, with the accompanying dies.


And my second card, using a few blingy sequins.


This is my final card.  It always feels good put scraps of patterned paper to good use:)


The whole set...The sentiments used in all three cards are from Mama Elephant's Many Thanks.  I use the set probably more than any other stamp set I own.  Thank you cards tend to be what I make the most of.


I am entering the first card to CAS(E) this Sketch, where we are using this sketch as our inspiration:


Thank you for stopping by!  

Supplies:
Stamps: Mama Elephant Many Thanks; Simon Says Stamp + Mama Elephant Summer Garden
Dies: Simon Says Stamp + Mama Elephant Summer Garden
Inks: Derwendt Inktense Pencils, Versamark Onyx Black
Other: patterned paper, sequins

No comments :

Post a Comment