Wednesday, September 4, 2013

hello sweet baby

This card is for my friend, Malika, who just had a baby boy.  The card is colorful and sparkly, just like Malika:)



Malika and I met through some mutual friends, and she and I actually don't know each other that well.  I think we've hung out a total of 3 or 4 times, but there are just some people that I click with instantly and she's one of them.


When I first met Malika, she made me laugh.  The kind of laugh that hurts a little.  Then years later, I met the man she would later marry and he made me laugh, too...again the kind of laugh that hurts.  Their baby is one lucky kid as I'm sure the house will be full of laughter.


Malika already said that her baby is skipping naps because he just wants to stay up and hang out with the grown folk:)



I'm entering this card into the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, hosted by Karen Giron of The Sweetest Thing.  Here's the sketch that I used.


Here's to love, laughter, and a beautiful baby boy.  Congratulations, Malika!

Supplies:
Stamps: Mama Elephant Nursery Deco
Inks: Memento (tuxedo black); Memento Luxe (lilac posies, pistachio)
Dies: Simon Says Stamp Mini Hearts Set Craft Die
Other: glossy accents, Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (clear), patterned paper

1 comment :