Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2

I transitioned out of my job less than 2 weeks ago and promised myself that instead of stressing out I would take some time to reflect and think about what's next for me, spend some time with my family in California, and be productive...in a creative way!  Thank goodness I enrolled in Summer Card Camp 2, an online class where I get to learn all kinds of techniques and tips from crafters and artists I look up to.

In Day 4 of the class, we took on a 10-minute challenge.  I was completely amazed by Jennifer Rzasa's overlapping die-cut letter technique, so I followed her lead and came up with this card made for a friend of mine who is transitioning out of her job.  I wanted to congratulate her for her great work and wish her the best. Note: I finished in just under 12 minutes.  Over the 10-minute time limit, but a vast improvement for me.


For Day 3, one guest artist used sequins so I did the same.  I had been thinking about making a card for two of my friends who will be celebrating their anniversary by taking a trip to Puerto Rico.  I love them so much -- how fun they are, how much they support each other, and how they go on adventures together.  So, I googled "how do you say Happy Anniversary in Spanish?" and came up with this...you can barely see the sequins, but they're there!  You just have to shake the card a bit.


And, for my first day of the summer camp, I used the colors and sketch provided and made this...


The sentiment captures just how I'm feeling.  Transitioning from a job can be exciting and stressful.  I've decided to be positive and make the best of this time.  Thank you to my sister for giving me full access to her art supplies.  And, speaking of supplies, I think I"m supposed to list which supplies I used for these cards, right?  

Supplies:

Woo Hoo!
Stamps: Taylored Expressions (Simple Greetings); Studio G i-cling
Dies: MFT (By the Letters)
Inks: Stampin' Up (coastal cabana, pure pumpkin, melon mambo, daffodil delight)

Feliz Aniversario
Stamps: Paper Smooches (Chubby Chums)
Dies: MFT (By the Letters)
Inks: Memento (tuxedo black)
Other: patterned paper scraps, acetate, sequins, and beads

Make Lemonade
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Make Lemonade); Fiskars (Border-a-Plenty)
Inks: Stampin' Up (coastal cabana, pure pumpkin, melon mambo, daffodil delight); Derwent watercolours; Copic markers
Other: Ranger glossy accents

6 comments :

  1. I absolutely love the anniversary sequin card!! :) I know I looked at it a few days ago ... and it must have been from the class galleries ... but I haven't commented so here tis. I have also added you to the blogs I follow on feedily. Love your style and look forward to seeing more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That anniversary card took forever, but I think it was worth the effort:) Thank you for following. Please let me know what I can do to improve my blog...I'm such a rookie!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the Woohoo! I write that a lot too. Need some of these cards too. ;)

    ReplyDelete