Friday, July 26, 2013

fabulous, oh yes you are!

I'm nearing the end of my one-month visit in California, feeling sad about family time coming to an end, mixed with excitement about returning to NYC.  As great as being home has been, I only wish I could have spent more time with my sister.  She works really hard and is always busy or too tired to craft with me:(  She's been so busy that she's behind on making thank you cards for her son to send out to family and friends who came to his graduation party a couple weekends ago.  So, I took it upon myself to use the techniques and tips I've learned from Summer Card Camp 2 and work on some cards for her.  What are little sisters for? :)

In one class, we were challenged to "try something new", or make a card using a different style than we're used to.  I'm still pretty new at this, so I'm not sure if I've developed a style, but I do know I'm not skilled with backgrounds, patterns, and graphics.  So, I got out of my comfort zone a bit and made this.



The faded parts of the blocks are unintentional, but I can dig it.  Reminds me of bricks in a way.

After building up my confidence a bit, I decided to stamp an entire background using just a little square.  You better believe I was holding my breath after my card base was halfway stamped.  There was no turning back!  Luckily, my mess ups weren't that bad, and I kind of like how it looks classy/expensive:)



And lastly, I used the technique of coloring on die cuts to make this simple card.  The splotches look a lot like a blouse I used to rock back in the day.



And, would you look at that?!?!  All three cards make a nice little set.



 Supplies:

You're Amazing
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Talk Bubbles 2
Inks: Stampin' Up (pool party, baked brown sugar, wisteria wonder, concord crush); Memento (tuxedo black)

Fabulous, oh yes you are!
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Talk Bubbles 2; Mama Elephant Hello
Inks: Stampin' Up (pool party, baked brown sugar, wisteria wonder, concord crush); Memento (tuxedo black)

Thanks
Inks: Copic markers; Ranger Distress Ink (dusty concord, broken china)
Dies: Paper Smooches Thanks Word

4 comments :

  1. Your cards are FABULOUS, I bet your sister loves them! You are an awesome little sister! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sandee. Three cards down, and 14 more to go! Waving right back at you from sunny California.

      Delete
  2. THANKS, little sis for making me cards! They are amazing! And of course, you are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete