Sunday, November 3, 2013

bonjour

Bonjour!

What a day, what a day, what a DAY!!!


I'm floating and feeling great.  First, it's marathon Sunday, my favorite NYC-day of the year...thousands of runners test their strength and endurance, and take to a course through all five boroughs, while even more thousands cheer them on.  I love it...makes me feel inspired and reminds me how strong and connected we all are.

Next, I was asked to be part of a very special scavenger hunt for two of my friends that ultimately ended up in a wedding proposal!  I got to give a hint along the way...my friends came to visit me at the chocolate store where I work, where I gave them 2 cupcakes that had the clue to the next stop.  Even though I wasn't able to make it to the last stop on the hunt -- the proposal stop -- I was just happy to be part of this beautiful day.  Love is wonderful thing.

And finally, one of my idols came to the store.  MARTHA STEWART!  I love her!  She came by 2 years ago on a super busy day, but I still managed to break away and take a picture with her.  Today wasn't so busy, so Martha and her grandkiddies were able to just hang out for about 20 minutes, unnoticed and unbothered.  In fact, I think I was the one chatting it up with her the most!  Haha!  Won't pass up a chance to talk to her...we chatted about turkeys, cookies, construction in the neighborhood...we even fixed a wobbly table that had led to one of the grandkiddies to tip a little cup of chocolate milk.  Got everyone cleaned up and I got another picture with her.  When she and the kids left the store, I let all my giggles go and a customer asked me why I was so giddy.  I told her that Martha had just left the building and she and other customers couldn't believe they didn't see her.  I guess it's better that way.   Got more time for my chat with her haha! I'm such a nut!



So in the spirit of love, I made this...


Since most of the fun today took place at the French chocolate store where I work, I used my Bonjour set from Avery Elle.  I wanted to make the tag look like the ornate tin ceiling in the store.  It adds to the charm of the whole place, so to mimic it, I embossed and added some glitter.  Here's the sketch I used:


This card will be entered into the Avery Elle October Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Avery Elle Bonjour
Ink: Tim Holtz (antique linen, vintage photo, worn lipstick); Versamark
Other: Ribbon 

2 comments :

  1. I read this entire story and thought it was cool!!! I could not work near chocolate, I would eat too much!! I am sure you hear it all the time!!!

    Thanks for your comments, I am a subscriber to your blog, love that I get updates in e- mail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cool! That's so awesome that you got to chat with Martha-- what a fabulous opportunity!
    And your card is lovely, too, Lorraine!

    ReplyDelete