Saturday, November 1, 2014

AEI♥U November Challenge: Holiday

This is 1 of 2 posts for today.  For my Mama Elephant challenge post, please click here .

Its the first of the month, which means its time for a new AEI♥U Challenge.  For the month of November, our theme is holiday.  


I hope you've already seen all the new holiday stamp and die sets that Avery Elle released in September.  There are a lot of cute and festive images that will help you to make some fantastic wintery and holiday cards.  I worked with the Noel set and made this...



The set has a couple large sentiments, which I cut apart (gasp!).  I like having the flexibility to build and change the layouts of sentiments so that they take center stage, and this stamp set allowed me to do just that. 


I embossed the sentiment in white, stamped and colored the birds and their accessories, and with a bit of masking, blended distress inks to make the gradient sky.


I added some glossy accents, which can take a card from simple to sophisticated.  Here's a close-up...


I hope you find some time to join us fun ladies over at the the AEI♥U Challenge.  Please check out the the AEI♥U Challenge blog to get some inspiration from our design team, see the rules for playing, and link up your projects.

Avery Elle Supplies:
Stamps: Noel
Paper: Birch Woodgrain Heavy Card Stock

2 comments :