Sunday, March 30, 2014

ombre birthday

I just got back from celebrating my friend, Kofi's, 40th birthday.  Kofi is one of the many New York friends I met on the dance floor.  This man can boogie! The birthday boy asked everyone to dress in blue, so I did just that.  Well, I really got into the spirit and baked up some blueberry scones...and made this blue card.

I'm submitting this card to Avery Elle's challenge -- using an ombre or gradient effect.  Trying to learn how to paint with water colors.  How does everyone make it look so easy?!?



And yes, I know that scones aren't the typical birthday sweet, but it's the thought that counts, right?


Happy birthday, dear Kofi!


Supplies:
Stamps: Avery Elle Bonjour
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (broken china, peacock feathers, tumbled glass); Versafine (black onyx); water colors
Other: Wink of Stella glitter brush (clear); liquid pearls; glossy accents

4 comments :

  1. such a fun idea for a card! Thanks for joining us at the AE's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your macarons look delicious--well done on creating them in ombré fashion!
    Thanks so much for linking this up to the AE Ombré Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks fabulous!
    I, too, wonder how everyone else makes water colouring look so easy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are you talking about? Your water coloring is great! Love the shadows and the texture and dimension of the "cream filling" Good job, sis!

    ReplyDelete