Saturday, December 7, 2013

purple onion designs - more sweets & treats

It got a little crazy in my kitchen when I was working on my projects for Purple Onion Designs...cookies, cake, hot chocolate, and wine were involved:)

First up, I used the Coffee & Tea set to make this little tag for what I was hoping would be fluffy peppermint marshmallows.  This is what I get for not paying attention to my stand mixer...I completely overwhipped my homemade confection and ended up making peppermint taffy instead of marshmallows.  Um...they still tasted good though:)


Next, I showcased the little gingerbread man from Merry Thoughts for tags on cookie packages.  The cookies were almost too big to fit in my white lunch bags.  I think anyone would be happy to get such a yummy gift.  So easy to put together, too.


Up next -- a set of wine glass tags since we want to make sure we know which glass is ours, right?  No need to buy those metal charms, these will do just fine.  Plus, they're cute and colorful.  A perfect addition to little get together over a bottle of wine.



Lastly, I made a 6" round carrot cake from leftover batter from a previous baking gig.  I decorated it with Holiday Border Tapes adhered to a couple cakepop sticks.  I thought the dimensions of the border tapes would work really well with a small round cake.  My housemates appreciated it and devoured the cake.


I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment