Tuesday, September 24, 2013

thinking of you

A close friend of mine asked me for a card to send to a family that has taken him in as one of their own.  They are going through a tough time right now and I do hope that everything and everyone will be ok.



There's a lot of love and good thoughts in this card, and I'm sure the words my friend put inside convey how deeply he cares.


This card will be submitted to the Retro Sketches Challenge, which I turned to when I needed some help in starting my card.  I thought the layout was refined, yet simple, which allowed me to design something that was more about the message than anything else.


Thank you for stopping by.

Supplies:
Stamps: WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals
Inks: Versamark, Delicata (golden glitz); Memento Luxe (espresso truffle, lilac posies, nautical blue, pear tart)
Other: embossing powder, embossing folder

2 comments :

  1. This is a beautiful card...just as you describe refined and simple - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your friend will love the card you've made - this is so pretty Lorraine - the white space and embossing are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Retro Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete