Saturday, September 13, 2014

case study challenge #208

I'm joining the fun at CASE Study Challenge, where our muse this month is the amazing Debby Hughes.  Love her work!  Here's my inspiration...


There are some features of Debby's project that I wanted to bring to my own -- the brown/red color combo, the different textures.  Here's my take...


For the brown/red, I water colored the cute fox and leaves.  Then to mimic the wood in the background of Debby's project, I messily water colored some brown paint on a piece of scrap water color paper and stamped the woodgrain pattern with distress ink.  I thought I needed a stronger nod to Debby's vibrant red apple, so I blended bright red distress ink to the bottom right corner using some post-its to mask off the area.


This card was a bit of a challenge for me, given that I'm at my mom and dad's house and away from my craft supplies.  I had to conjure up the spirit of one of my fave shows, Project Runway, and as Tim Gunn says "make it work".  That little bow was made from the handle of a brown paper bag from Starbucks.  Ha!


Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave constructive feedback if you can.  I am always striving to improve my skills:)

EDITED TO ADD:

I made a little addition to my card by adding some hand-cut hearts using the same distress ink from the bottom right corner.  Thought this would balance out the card a bit.  I'm submitting this to Moxie Fab World's Foxy Foxes Challenge.



Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn -- Into the Woods, So Thankful, Woodgrain Backdrops
Inks:  Tim Holtz Distress (crushed olive, festive berries, wild honey); Koi Water Colors, Versamark (black onyx)

4 comments :

  1. Clever improvisation! I love your cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love your watercoloured fox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable love it. Glad you joined us over at case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete