Tuesday, September 30, 2014

case study #210: thank you

I just read that CASE Study is being suspended, so I did some late night crafting to put this card together.


It was inspired by our muse, Debby Hughes.  Here is her beautiful card.

I haven't played along with CASE Study as much as I've wanted to, mainly because I look up to muses and feel almost intimidated trying to CASE their work...but, with this being the last challenge before its suspension, I pushed through my issues:)  This is a thank you card dedicated to Chupa, CASE Study's founder and coordinator.  Thank you for recognizing so much talent in our muses and thank you for bringing us so much inspiration.


For this card, I stamped and colored the leaves and flowers on vellum.  The cool thing is that I accidentally discovered that I can flip the images to the "wrong" side and have the image be in reverse. Since vellum is almost see through, I was able to get a natural effect with the leaves without them looking too similar.  A close up.


Thank you for taking a look.  And again, many thanks to Chupa and CASE Study.  Hope to see you soon!

Supplies:
Stamps: Avery Elle - Fabulous Florals
Dies: Avery Elle - Fabulous Florals Elle-ments
Inks: Copic markers; Memento (tuxedo black)
Other: sequins, string

2 comments :