Tuesday, January 21, 2014

case study 174

I'm submitting a very last minute entry to this week's CASE Study challenge, where our muse is the talented and lovely Donna Mikasa.  I just went through my Pinterest board simply entitled "greeting cards", and was not surprised to see that several of my pins are of Donna's cards.  She's pretty amazing.

Here's my take on her card:


And, the inspiration...


I remember when I first saw Donna's card...how she achieved a seemingly effortless hazy and bubbly blue with a bold, yet soft sentiment.  It reminded me of underwater scene and a heavenly cloudy scene at the same time.  It was -- like the sentiment says -- totally cool.  And, I remember how soon after I went on Ebay and won an auction for distress inks.  I was that inspired!

I tried to get that nice blendy blue for my cosmic scene, along with the splashes of color from Donna's card.


And, I just can't seem to put away the Mama Elephant Cosmic Stars set.  The zodiac characters are just too cute and can be used for so many projects!


Thanks Donna for being a great inspiration.  Hope to join in for our next challenge!

Supplies:
Stamps: Mama Elephant Cosmic Stars, Starry Night
Inks: Copic markers; Memento (tuxedo black); Mister Huey's color mists (blizzard, bluegrass); Tim Holtz Distress Inks (antique linen, broken china, peacock feathers, peeled paint, tumbled glass, vintage photo)
Dies: Lawn Fawn Circle Stackables; Mama Elephant Femme Frames

5 comments :

  1. I love it, Sis. Your background and the background paper you made for the planets are awesome! Sweet card! Yup love that ME stamp set too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, Lorraine! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO SWEET Lorraine! Beautiful details~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Besides this card being super cute, I'm mesmerized by the inking you did.

    ReplyDelete