Sunday, November 24, 2013

with appreciation

This is a long overdue post with a long overdue thank you.

Just less than a month ago I found out that I was a winner in Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking magazine's World Card Making Day contest.  After a few back n' forth rounds with the editors where I basically asked them "are you sure it's me you chose as a winner?!?", and their confirmation that yes, they really did choose me, I let myself squeal and do a happy dance.  First publication and a much appreciated boost of confidence.  So, with that I say to Holly her team of editors: Thank you.


Yesterday I received by box of goodies as a prize for being a WCMD winner.  I had to Facetime my sister right away and open up the box as if she was right there with me.  We enjoyed seeing all the fun products and I can't wait to to craft with them.


I love how supportive my fellow crafters and bloggers have been to me, and I think much of that is a result of the community that Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking magazine has established.  Thank you again for all the joy and creativity you have brought into my life.



This card will be entered into the CASE Study challenge, where we are using the card by our muse Keisha Campbell as inspiration.



Supplies:Stamps: WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals, Written on Ribbon
Inks: Memento Luxe (grey flannel, rose bud); Mama Elephant (ocean, winter)
Dies: Mama Elephant Femme Frames; WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals, Written on Ribbon
Other: enamel accents, patterned paper 

6 comments :

  1. Beautiful card, Lorraine! I love that layered banner and flowers...one of my fav stamp sets!
    Holy cow...what a prize!!! Congrats on yur win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the dp on the base, and that banner is awesome! And what a prize package!! So many goodies to help you create even more lovely cards and projects. Big congrats to you. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers what a goodie box of fun! Congrats on winning and your publication!
    Love this design - the banners compliment the flowers so well!
    Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginormous congrats! WOW! How exciting for you!!!!!!!!!!! Your card is a real beauty! Love how you were inspired by the CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you got a great prize! Congratulations!
    Your card is super lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your win & what a stunningly FABulous card. Great take on the CASE. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete