Friday, October 4, 2013

happy birthday, dionna

This will be a short a sweet post since I'm actually rushing to meet up with the card recipient and birthday girl herself, Dionna.  Happy 39th!!!


Dionna (aka Didi) was one of the first friends I made in New York.  We first were co-workers at Columbia University, then she became my boss, and then we became good friends.  She's the life of the party.  In fact, the party doesn't officially start until Dionna arrives.  Have you seen her rendition of Madonna's Like a Virgin?  It's unforgettable.


Thank you, Didi, for being a wonderful boss, for being the support I needed so many times in my life, and for making me laugh.  I'm certain you're going to exit the 30's with style and silliness, and I'm super-certain that the 40s are going to bring you the happiness and joy you deserve.  I just know it.


Well, I'm off to meet Didi for a birthday dinner.  I've paired this card with as some homemade Mexican Wedding Cookies...39 of them, to be exact;)  They're simple butter cookies with a kick of almond yumminess.  Didi once told me that of all the things I bake, these are her favorite.  And, she calls them sugar balls.  Hehe!


This card will be submitted to  CAS-ual Fridays and CASE Study (my first time to participate! woot!).



Supplies:
Stamps: WPlus9 (Sweets & Treats, Sweets & Treats Fillers); Mama Elephant (Starry Night, Up and Away); Lawn Fawn (Milo's ABCs); Stampendous (Tiny Alphabet)
Inks: Copic Markers; Memento (tuxedo black); Memento Luxe (love letter); Hero Arts (cup o' joe)
Dies: WPlus9 (Sweets & Treats);  Lawn Fawn (Stitched Journaling Card)
Other: washi tape, sequins, enamel accents, Wink of Stella glitter brush (clear)
Recipe: Mexican Wedding Cookies

6 comments :

  1. Simply gorgeous! Love that washi and sequins! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such fun! I'm guessing that your friend will adore this. Perfect take on the inspiration photo. And those cookies!...She's a very lucky friend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super cute Lorraine! I love the washi taped corners, and the adorable cupcake! Thank you for sharing it with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Love the washi tape! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I l-o-v-e this card! the little cupcake image is super cute!

    ReplyDelete