Tuesday, October 29, 2013

celebrate

I'm so happy, so excited, so unbelievably thrilled to be joining Purple Onion Designs' holiday design team!  Yay!  I'm celebrating...yes, indeedy!

Thanks to my sister for showing me POD stamps over the summer, for making me start a blog (she really did force me...), and for letting me know about the design team call.  She also let me keep -- I mean borrow -- some of her POD stamps to play around with:)


It's an honor for me to join such a talented group of artists during such a fun and festive time of year.  I know that I'll be spending a lot of time in the kitchen baking sweets and making holiday gifts, so I plan to bring a food-focused spin to my projects.  Can't wait!


This card will be submitted to the CASE Study challenge, a newish challenge for me.  I turned the banner stamps upside down to make Christmas trees, made my own trunks with a Versamark marker, embossed in white, and then sponged on some pink.  Didn't think I could pull off a pink Christmas card, but I kinda like it:)

 

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Stephanie Ackerman for Purple Onion Designs (Build a Banner); Mama Elephant (Remember December)
Inks: Tim Holtz (tattered rose, spun sugar); Memento (tuxedo black); Versamark 

1 comment :

  1. Love all the sponging you have done to create such a cute, pink little masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete